Have you ever wondered what the Thomas Fitzwater PTO does? Here is an introduction to our organization and our goals. Please reach out if you wish to get involved!
The TFES PTO aims to:
- Establish and maintain a working relationship among parents, school, and community
- Support teachers and staff to promote the finest education possible for the students
- Enhance the quality of education by raising funds for school supplies and programs that fall outside the school or district budget
How does the TFES PTO achieve these goals?
- Encourage parents’ involvement through coordination of volunteers.
- Provide an opportunity for open communication with school leadership
- Organize fundraising efforts to purchase equipment and services not covered in the school or district budget.
We encourage you to reach out to any board member to get involved. There are opportunities for every commitment level.
Please note, the PTO DOES NOT:
- Force parents or students to participate in PTO and/or school activities
- Have jurisdiction or authority over school staff, teachers, and other employees
- Endorse any political candidate or commercial concern
- Set policy regarding school programs
The TFES PTO is not owned or operated by the UDSD, it is organized exclusively for the charitable, scientific, literary or educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue code.